Tuesday 7 June 2016

No More Fallout 4 Mods Until Bethesda Fixes Their Shit

Anyone who has been keeping up with the recent fiasco of Fallout 4 modding on bethesda.net will likely understand why I want nothing to do with it.

1. Bethesda's site is terrible
2. People are stealing mods from the Nexus and uploading them as their own
3. Some of those people are profiting through donations
4. Bethesda does nothing about it
5. You are now required to take legal action against all mod thieves who upload one of your mods by filing a DMCA takedown
6. A sizeable chunk of console users are entitled little cunts who, frankly, don't deserve any mods with their current attitudes towards the authors
7. I'm tired of all the bullshit

So yeah, I'm going to stick to modding Skyrim until they pull a 180° and fix this mess. I am one of the fortunate few who hasn't been a victim of these thefts, but I completely empathise with my fellow mod authors who are having to deal with this day in and day out. Fallout 4 modding and modding in general has taken a massive hit from these events and Bethesda has demonstrated that they literally do not give a shit.

3 comments:

  1. Can someone explain this 'fiasco' to me? Also I don't understand the 'console players = entitled cunts' statement either. FO4 is the first Bethesda game I've bought on Xbox and I like I assume quite a few people are pretty stoked you can even mod the game.

    Wish I could have used one of my accounts to type this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list explains what the fiasco is about.

    As for the "entitled cunts" bit, well... I was a bit irritated that day because of all the complications in regards to the preceding events. I normally don't use harsh language but I was just pissed off at the time of writing, so sorry about that. I didn't mean "all console users", just the demanding ones.

    ReplyDelete