Sunday 31 July 2016

Ember

I had 3 hours before I had to go to work, so I decided to try and create a weapon before that time.

This is the result:


Luckily I had modelled and unwrapped the model by about the halfway mark, which gave me enough time to bang out some decent textures. There are a few minor annoyances (like the line down the middle of the grip) but overall, I'm happy with how it came out. And I made it to work on time!

Naming it took up like 5 valuable minutes, though - I settled on "Ember" because of the colour. There's probably a sword on the Skyrim Nexus already called that, but meh.



I've also got another sword which has been modelled and unwrapped, but I can't be bothered texturing it. Maybe one day...

5 comments:

  1. What's the design choice behind the floating crossguard? Is it going to be a magic sword?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I was going to add some glowing particles to it, but haven't got around to it yet. I need a good vanilla mesh I can copy the particles from, but there aren't many suitable ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever considered trying to remake all the standard melee weapons in the Iron and/or Steel categories? It would be a long project, but a full Billyro Iron and Steel replacer would likely stand as the definitive weapon replacer for whatever category you might remake. Since your weapons are realistic it would go well with a mod such as Real Bows http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64440/?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too much work for too little result, I'm afraid. Also, I don't like inconsistencies between weapons and armour - that means I'd have to also redo the armour textures and that would be a massive pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Thank you for the response.

      Delete